I was at the Oily Comics/CCS table. The festival was professionally organized and well-run, with excellent programming and international involvement via the Pierre Feuille Ciseaux residency, and the Aria building was a beautiful space. Diverse work throughout, I always end up missing a lot of good stuff at these shows.
Some of the books I purchased/traded for:
1. Sonnenzimmer: How likely is the chance/Synthetic Chance
2. David Libens Comics (David & the Ghost #1-2)
3. PFC Comic, Max de Radigues + PFC participants
4. Amazing Facts, Beyond/Zettwoch/Huizenga/May/Weaver
5. Kevin Czapiewski Comics
6. Sammy the Mouse #2, Zak Sally
7. In Tongues Illustrated, JT Dockery
8. QUIET #2, A.Burkholder
9. Laura Park Uncivilized/Autoptic Mini
10. Simple Routines #18, JP Coovert
11. Saint Cole Part One, Noah van Sciver
Minneapolis is a great town. Lots of old/new/weird design and architecture throughout. All of these overhead passageways. I told Tom Kaczynski that I felt I had a better understanding of his work having spent time here.
It was good seeing everybody, albeit briefly. It was the most fun I’ve had at a show. Thanks to Charles Forsman/Oily Comics, Michelle Ollie/CCS, Barry at Secret Acres, Annie and Ed at Koyama, the Chicago Minivan Crew, Tom Neely, and especially the Autoptic Festival organizers.